Threefold Designs = cross stitch kits and patterns + handweaving + woven tapestry
I am at my happiest when sitting at my needlepoint frame, stitching and creating – I am excited to think that when people are stitching my kits, they are also feeling the enthusiasm and excitement that I’ve put into them!
My work is for those who consider themselves to be more ‘alternative’, and appreciate bright colours and strange themes – I’m not interested in traditional cottages and flowers … but more Skulls, Leopard Print, Mermaids, Astrology, and whatever else catches my eye. I’ve also created some ‘Kits For Kids’, which teach children between 8 and 12 how to cross stitch!
I bought an 8 shaft Ashford table loom in December, and am working on a collection of handwoven infinity cowls – be sure to ‘like’ my Facebook page if you want to be kept in the loop!
My personal artwork is focused on the Goth/Deathrock subculture, and utilises the mediums of woven tapestry and needlepoint. More information can be found on the Goth Deathrock Art Project blog.
I am currently in my fourth year studying the Diploma of Visual Arts – Tapestry, and co-host a couple of radio shows on Cathedral 13: Shadowplay (goth/deathrock/darkwave) and Cannibal Roses (coldwave/dark post-punk).
- ‘Goth Deathrock Art Project’ article, featured in American Tapestry Alliance Tapestry Topics Spring Issue 2013.
- Indie Craft Corner: Threefold Designs – Craft For Misfits!
- Handmade Magazine, Gift-Giving Edition, November 2010
- ‘Just Do It! Libra Wool Artist, Michelle From Oz’
- Indie Juntion Featured Artisans for the Week of September 5th
- ‘Sea Change 175′, SALA Festival 2011 – Holdfast Walk, Glenelg South Australia
- 23 April, 2013: ‘Retro Stitch’ for children 5-12 years at Carclew Youth Arts, Jeffcott Street North Adelaide
- March, 2012: ‘Cross Stitch Bookmarks With Threefold Designs’ – Fringe @ The Bay, Glenelg Library, City of Holdfast Bay
- January, 2012: ‘Cross Stitch Bookmarks With Threefold Designs’ – Brighton Library, City of Holdfast Bay